|Fertilizer and Pest Control
Lawn Fertilizer and Pest Control
Lawn Fertilizer and Pest Control Program
Our turf grass treatment program consists of scheduled applications to provide you with a lawn you can be proud of. A professionally trained lawn service technician will detect and solve insect-, disease-, or other turf-related concerns you may have while continuing applications leave you free to enjoy your lawn.
Additional Services – these are services that are offered at an additional fee.
Yearly ant applications
De-mossing of Tree's
Moisture management - for water restricted neighborhoods
Palm treatments – Seasonal annual treatment – New plant material start-ups
Items not covered with this package
Our program is designed to control damaging turf and shrub insects. If you have a problem with other types of insects or pest that our program does not target you may see some control, but additional applications beyond the usual program for full abatement.
- Crabgrass, Carpet grass – There is no treatment for this lawn weed except hand pulling or utilizing Round-Up™ spray. Other products formerly used for this weed have been taken off the market and are no longer available to licensed professionals.
- Nematodes – Nematodes are microscopic worms that feed on the roots of turf grass. Pest Control products previously used to control for this are no longer labeled for home use and professionals are forbidden to use them by state law.
- Subterranean insects such as grub worms and mole crickets – these insects are not detectable because they live underground. Florida Ground Control is proactive in pre-treating for these lawn pests during the time they are known to feed.
- Carpenter ants / Sugar ants are not covered by any program at FGC. Please contact an interior pest control company for treatment.
- Fire ants are treated on your regular service dates if we see them. We do not make special house calls for these insects.
- Vertebrate species such as moles or armadillos are not covered.
- Weeds in the flowerbeds or shrub beds are not covered - only weeds in the turf areas. Our lawn maintenance division or your lawn company will be responsible for this application or control.